Coating is a technique for applying organic compounds to a base metal. It gives the metal a nice sheen and protects it against corrosion. Painting thickness is usually 10+5 m (top painting + rear painting). For particular applications, it may be adjusted to a length of 35 metres. Polyester (PE), silicone modified polyester (SMP), high durability polyester (HDP), and polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) are the four most popular coatings (PVDF). Coatings differ in terms of their properties and uses. For your convenience, extra information is provided below.
Polyester ( PE)
PE sheets are simple to work with and adhere well. You may pick from a variety of hues. Furthermore, among the several coating kinds, it is the most cost-effective. However, its UV resistance is low. As a result, the usage of PE coating is restricted. It has a 7-8-year service life.
- Easy to process
- Poor corrosion-resistance
PE is frequently used as a priming coat because to its excellent adherence. While it has a low corrosion resistance, it is not suitable for use in corrosive environments.
Polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF)
In addition to chemical resistance, mechanical properties, UV resistance, and heat resistance are all outstanding. It is the most well-protected of the three. In ordinary settings, its anti-corrosion life can be as long as 20 to 25 years.
1.Excellent heat resistance
- Great mechanical properties
- Good resistance
Because of its superior corrosion resistance and UV resistance, it is frequently used in chemical facilities, power plants, and high-speed rail stations.
How to Select the Best Paint for Your Project?
1. Paint Kinds: As previously stated, there are several paint types available. You can select the most cost-effective option that best meets your requirements.
2. Paints Brands: There are a variety of paint brands available, including Nippon, Akzo Nobel, and others. You may pick the one you want based on your budget.
3. Coating Thickness: Coating thickness has an impact on durability and heat resistance. PVDF coating necessitates a thicker coating film, which increases the durability of steel items. It is the most effective. It is a good location for your project if the environmental circumstances are bad.
- Colours of Coatings: For structures, colour is the most important consideration. Your decision is mostly influenced by the surrounding surroundings as well as your personal preferences. Furthermore, light-coloured paint has a higher heat reflection. When dark colours are exposed to UV radiation, they fade quickly.
DANA STEEL is a leading manufacturer of various steel products, covering a wide range of products and serving thousands of clients across the globe, at Dana Steel we ADD VALUE TO STEEL. Our products are proudly MADE IN UAE and exported to more than 45 countries across the globe.
Sandwich Panels, Profile Sheets, Decking Sheets, Aluminium Panels, Composite Panels, Z Purlins, C channels, Metal Lintels, roofing sheets, Fencing Sheets, Steel sheets, stainless steel.
Plot No: 5325494 ,Saih Suaib-3
Country: United Arab Emirates [U.A.E.]