Introduction- Aluminum coating coil (Bobines en aluminium)
Due to its excellent malleable and ductile properties, aluminum can be easily processed into sheets and coils. These coils can be painted with a number of different color coatings to provide high strength and improve the appearance of these coils (Bobines en aluminium).
We make sure that the pre-painted aluminum coils produced here at DANA are made of high quality aluminum metals and paints. As one of the leading supplier of pre-painted aluminum coil (Bobines en aluminium), we continuously thrive to provide the highest quality.
The main purpose of coated / pre-painted aluminum is to color the surface of the aluminum. After this process, the surface layer can retain its colors for periods of up to 20 years. These very properties of these coils made them quickly emerged in the decoration fields like doors or windows.
Its biggest advantage is the availability of a variety of colors and the unmatched fastness it offers. It is a green and durable decorative material that offers a number of different advantages like:
- Uniform and durable color
The surface properties of the aluminum coils produced here at DANA Steel are painted and colored in such a way that the coils retain their color for longer periods of time, sometimes even for a decade or a couple.
- Strong adhesion
The strong adhesive property is the reason why PPA1 retains its color for longer periods of time.
- Resistance to acids and alkalis
Since color coated coils (Bobines en aluminium)are to be used for a variety of applications and for extended periods of time, care must be taken to ensure that these sheets do not react with foreign chemicals including acid and alkali.
- Weather resistance
Coils must be able to tolerate a wide temperature range to last properly and that is why they are equipped to provide optimum performance over a wide temperature range.
Desired chemical properties
Before selecting the perfect color coated aluminum coils, the following properties should be kept in mind as they play an important role, DANA steels being one of the leading names in the steel industry have you covered on this front, we make sure that the best of materials are used as we keep customer satisfaction at our top priority.
- High tensile strength (the greater the tensile strength, the greater the load capacity)
- Low wet capacity (ability to remove extra water and prevent water molecules from seeping in)
- High weldability (possibility of being welded easily and conveniently)
- High formability (Ability to be easily shaped under external loads)
- High corrosion resistance (does not rust)
The applications of color coated aluminum coils can generally be found in the following aspects:
- Electronic appliances
- Home Decorations (This is one of the main applications of pre-painted aluminum coils as it finds its application for construction purposes)
- Air conditioning ducts
- Solar reflectors
- Facades of buildings
- Curtain walls and shading elements
- Rolling shutters
- Composite walls and partitions
- Composite or sandwich panels
- Decorative panels
- Advertisement signage
The aluminum coating process
An appropriate paint preparation method should be used in order to achieve the desired results. The material must be treated properly if the paint is to adhere properly to the aluminum surface.
The aluminum passes through a spray tunnel so that it can be degreased. The final bath includes the introduction of a conversion layer, allowing excellent adhesion to develop between the aluminum and the paint layer.
Different types of paint systems
1) Epoxy-Polyester – These types of coatings provide superior thermal stability and exterior durability. The typical application for this type of coating includes a decorative finish desirable in domestic applications
2) Polyvinyl Difluoride (PVDF) – PVDF is a non-reactive thermoplastic fluoropolymer that is produced by polymerization of vinylidene difluoride. It provides substance, resistance to solvents, acids and hydrocarbons. PVDF is also used for the construction of chemical tank liners and semiconductor equipment controls.
3) Polyamide coating – It is used for finishing and protecting metal surfaces. They have high wear resistance and very good insulating properties. Due to their superior mechanical and chemical properties, these coatings are mainly used in many decorative and technical fields.
DANA Steel (www.danasteel.com) is an ISO 9001: 2015 certified company, with the rich experience of about three decades, we have always thrived to bring revolutionary changes to the steel industry; We have our state of the art cold rolling mill (CRM complex) located at DIC (Dubai Industrial City), we proudly manufacture our products in Dubai, UAE.
Our market covers a large population because we export our products to around fifty countries, including counties of the Indian subcontinent (Bangladesh, India, Nepal); Southeast Asian countries (Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam); Middle Eastern countries including GCC members (GCC-Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait) and Jordan. We have also extended our markets to Africa (Djibouti) and South America. With our constant commitment to customer satisfaction, we are able to provide competitive prices and faster shipping to all of our valued customers.
Do not hesitate to contact us in case of request. You will find below the supports by which you can contact us!