Since 1998, projects have been completed in Alexandria, Egypt, where it all started, as well as Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Umm Quwain, and Al Ain, all in the United Arab Emirates.
History of Light Gauge Steel (LGS)
After World War II, when many nations had severe housing shortages, including the U.K., Japan, France, and Germany, codified norms for the use of cold-formed steel (CFS) construction materials were created.
Since the 1990s, more than 20% of all affordable homes in North America have been constructed using cold formed steel. The U.S. market for LGS was worth $14 billion in 2016. 75,649 individuals were employed by 11,289 companies.
Many of the design criteria used in other nations are based on the US code AISI S-100. In 2015, ECD introduced the LGS building system with ASTM, JIS, EN, and grades including EN10346, JISG3302, ASTMA653, JISG3321, SS GR 550, and Zinc Z275 into Egypt’s building code.
Why Light Gauge Steel (LGS)?
A high ratio of strength to weight (individual members are lighter per unit length than traditional wood, steel or concrete framing members).
- Complete recycling (can be continuously recycled without losing physical properties).
- Non-organic (will not rot, warp, split or crack).
- Inert (does not emit fumes, gases, vapour or support the growth of moulds & fungi).
dimensional stability (does not expand or contract with moisture content).
- Made with complete adherence to national norms (no variation in quality).
- Non-flammable (does not contribute fuel to a fire, not susceptible to fire).
- Structures can be made to withstand any level of loading (e.g. high seismic or high wind loads).
LGS Manufacturing Process
In a continuous, high volume process, portions of metal are formed by passing flat strip in coil through a number of shaped rolls.
• New computer software is reshaping the industry, accelerating and improving product development, and creating columns, beams, joists, studs, floor decking, built-up sections, and other building components with a high degree of uniformity and accuracy.
Mid-rise multi-family buildings with a total of 4 to 15 stories of cold-formed steel construction.
- Mid-rise concrete construction – 4-6 storeys – efficient, economical, and low carbon footprint mid-rise structural systems for concrete walls, floors, and roof.
- End-to-end solution for both inline wall framing and offset wall structural framing for low-rise single-family buildings.
- Low-rise concrete construction with excellent thermal performance, impact resistance, and carbon footprint reduction.
- Worker camps and mobile residences.
- Industrial buildings and warehouse structures with free spans between 10 and 30 metres.
- Modular structures.
- Office buildings: 30% more cost-effective and 10 times faster.
- PODs for the kitchen and bathrooms provide a single solution for all structural elements, including base skids.
DANA STEEL is a leading manufacturer of various steel products, covering a wide range of products and serving thousands of clients across the globe, at Dana Steel we ADD VALUE TO STEEL. Our products are proudly MADE IN UAE and exported to more than 45 countries across the globe. Salerno port , Venezia Port, La Spezia port, MARGHERA PORT,LASPEZIA PORT. Sandwich Panels, Profile Sheets, Decking Sheets, Aluminium Panels, Composite Panels, Z Purlins, C channels, Metal Lintels, roofing sheets, Fencing Sheets, Steel sheets, stainless steel.
Plot No: 5325494 ,Saih Suaib-3
Country: United Arab Emirates [U.A.E.]