Polysurlyn Moisture Barrier (PSMB) is a multi-layer material that is applied as a vapor barrier and thermal insulation to the inner surface of metal building panels. The purpose of a vapor barrier is to prevent moisture from penetrating into the insulation and potentially causing damage or mold growth within the building. The thermal insulation helps to prevent heat loss and increase energy efficiency.
PSMB typically consists of three layers: a layer of polyethylene, a layer of aluminum foil, and a layer of polysurlyn (a co-extruded film of polyethylene and aluminum). The aluminum foil layer serves as the vapor barrier, while the polyethylene layer and polysurlyn layer provide additional durability and protect the aluminum from punctures or tears.
Some of the specific uses of PSMB include:
- Insulation for metal building panels: PSMB is applied to the inner surface of metal building panels to provide insulation and prevent moisture penetration. This can help to increase the energy efficiency of the building and prevent damage to the insulation or growth of mold.
- Lining for HVAC systems: PSMB can be used as a lining for heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems to prevent moisture from penetrating the ductwork.
- Insulation for roofs and walls: PSMB can be used to insulate roofs and walls in both residential and commercial buildings. This can help to prevent heat loss and increase energy efficiency.
- Insulation for piping: PSMB can be used as an insulation wrap for pipes, particularly those that carry hot fluids. This can help to prevent heat loss and improve the energy efficiency of the building.
- Protection for metal structures: PSMB can be used as a protective layer for metal structures such as pipelines, tanks, and storage vessels. The aluminum foil layer can help to protect the metal from corrosion and damage.
PSMB is a good option because of its durability, resistance to moisture and low cost, but it’s not the only one and other similar moisture barrier can be used as well like polyethylene moisture barrier and Polykraft Moisture Barrier.
DANA Steel (www.danasteel.com) is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company, with the rich experience of around three decades, we have always thrived hard in order to bring revolutionary changes to the steel industry; We have our state of the art Cold Rolling Mill (CRM Complex) Situated in DIC (Dubai Industrial City) we proudly manufacture our products in Dubai, UAE.
Our market extends over a wide demographic as we export over products to around 50 countries including counties from the Indian subcontinent (Bangladesh, India, Nepal); South-East Asian countries (Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam); Middle-East countries including members of GCC (GCC-Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, Jordan and Oman (Ibri, Salalah, Muscat, Sohar, Nizwa, Barka). We also have our markets extended to Africa (Djibouti) and South America. With our constant commitment to customer contentment, we are able to provide competitive prices and faster shipment to all of our valuable clients.
Feel free to contact in case of any enquiry. Listed below are the mediums through which you can reach us out!
WhatsApp – +971507983153
Tel – 0097142217273
Email – email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org